Monday 12 April 2010

Next session this Saturday 17th: Forest gardening

We will be exploring the Permaculture technique: forest gardening and using plants. This will include a forage walk in the garden and applying permaculture principles.

Since our last session things are taking shape very slowly in the garden. I have laid out a circle for the mandala vege bed and planted a beautiful cherry plum. I had a wonderful walk in woods near Kearsney yesterday and pigged out on wild garlic (ramsons). I have never seen so much in my life. A few plants are now in my garden.

I have decided not to take on chickens just yet as for all the work and cost there will not be much return. With basic calculations it seems it would cost less to buy the eggs I need without all the commitment and set up. Great to explore and definitely something for later when I have more of a community around me.

Next date

Saturday May 15th afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment